in message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
wrote Rob 'Feztaa' Park thusly...

> For example, I am subscribed to mailing lists [EMAIL PROTECTED],
> [EMAIL PROTECTED], and [EMAIL PROTECTED] I want procmail to sort mail from
> these lists to the folders foo, bar, and baz, without having to
> write three separate rules.
>
> I know I could do something like this (untested):
>
> :0:
> * ^TO_\/.*@qux\.com
> ~/mail/$MATCH
>
> But, the problem being that the foldernames would be the actual
> address of the list ('[EMAIL PROTECTED]' instead of 'foo', which is what
> I really want).

i was searching for the solution for similar problem which i found
in my procmail archive ... which, for your problem, produces...

:0
* ^TO_\/.*@qux\.com
{
  :0:
  * MATCH ?? ()\/.*
  $MATCH
}

...mind that regex for the 2d condition (MATCH ??) should be same as
the initial condition (^TO_).  you should change ".*" to something
more like "[a-z0-9_\.\-]+"; point is not to have spaces or "/" in
the final $MATCH as the folder name.

above solution is extracted from a reply by "[EMAIL PROTECTED]", in
thread "formail to split digest with indented From and Date", sent
on mar. 23 2002 w/ <005201c1d2be$1e295910$[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
as the message-id.

  - parv