Rocco, et al --

...and then Rocco Rutte said...
%
% Hi,

Hello!

%
% * David T-G [04/30/02 02:30:54 CEST] wrote:
% > ...and then Rocco Rutte said...
% > % > I'm using an mbox or mmdf folder type. Why won't it work with maildir?
% > %
% > % > This is
% > % > Mutt 1.3.28i (2002-03-13)
% > % > From debian's unstable branch.
%
% > That's a version with a conviently-provided feature patch; the stock mutt
% > doesn't do it for any type of mailbox :-)
%
% Right.

You know that, and I know that, but I wanted to make sure that he knows
it; I don't know if mutt -v on that version will even show the patches,
though of course it *should*, and meanwhile the "stock mutt that comes
with debian sid" might seem like the official mutt rather than a patched
version...

%
% > % You'll have to patch mutt or wait until your package gets
% > % updated. Version 9.2 (as of 2002/01/26) supports Maildir.
%
% > That is the edit_threads patch version, not the mutt version.
%
% Of course. I didn't run 'cat /dev/brain' with -v but with
% --type-mode=quick. ;-)

*grin*  No problem!  In fact, that's probably better than kicking off
DEBUG=5 replytomessage :-)

%
% > You can
% > surf over to
%
% >   http://cedricduval.free.fr/mutt/
%
% > to see more, but I doubt that the patch would apply cleanly to your
% > already-patched version.
%
% Right. That's why I suggested getting version 9.2 of the
% edit_threads patch to be applied against an official mutt
% source tree.

Again, I just wanted it to be absolutely clear to him.  I thought the 9.2
had something to do with Debian until I checked the URL for myself and
noticed that it was Cedric's rev number :-)

%
% Cheers, Rocco.

HTH & HAND

:-D