At  2:16 PM EDT on May  9 Maximilian Szengel sent off:
>  I read about spamassassin here and decided to install it myself. Since

>  config files. I just added the needed rules to my procmailrc. Well, it
>  works, but I was wondering how a mail in this mailinglist could get a
>  score of 4.4 and a real spam message gets 3.6.

It's not too offtopic since it involves this list (and just about every other
list ;)

I can't answer your question, because I filter all my list mail before the
spamassassin check in my .procmailrc.  i.e. put something like

:0:
* ^TOmutt@
muttin

above the spamassassin part.  Other people have fancy recipes that attempt to
catch all mailing lists in one recipe, but that's OT.

List filing before spam checking doesn't catch spam in the lists, but the lists
I read don't pass on spam to the general membership.

OT: 3.6 seems low for a spam.  Maybe it's just a fluke, or maybe you should
customize the scores on the various spamassassin tests.

--
Parkinson's Law: Work expands to fill the time allotted it.
Robert I. Reid <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>     http://astro.utoronto.ca/~reid/