On Tue, May 14, 2002 at 04:29:30PM -0400, Sweth Chandramouli wrote:
>       This leads me to believe that send-hook is applied before
> the full message is built, and more specifically before the headers
> against which I'm matching are available (or maybe only certain headers
> are passed in to the hook).  Is that the case?  The docs vaguely imply
> that it is, by saying that send-hook is used to match recipients, but
> they also say that the description of patterns in "Message Matching in
> Hooks" applies, and that description explicitly references other headers
> like "From:".

Your assessment here is correct.  You can really only match against the
to: and cc: fields of the new message.  The rest of the header fields
are generated after the send-hook's are evaluated, since typically the
user wants to alter settings based upon the address(es) they are sending
to (most notably the From: line).