Rob --

...and then Feztaa said...
%
% Alas! David T-G spake thus:
% > What I need to know now is how mutt calls gpg so that it gets a key;
%
% It's obvious you know a lot more about GPG than I do (I didn't even know

Well, obvious or not, that's still subject to debate :-)

% there was a new version until reading this), but try writing a bash
% script that contains this:
%
% #!/bin/bash
% echo "$*" > ~/args
% cat > ~/stdin
%
% Then replace your gpg binary with that command. Then run mutt. Now check
% your home dir, and you'll see the two files, and you'll know how mutt
% calls gpg ;)

Well, yes, I know how gpg gets executed; that isn't the question.
What I want to know are the mutt semantics of deciding how to call
gpg for sig verification and/or key downloading.  In short, I want
verification to look at all of my rings but I want downloading to drop
into the right ring.  It may be that I just have to do ring reordering
every time I call gpg but maybe not -- and I don't yet know whether it's
expensive or desirable to do that, either.

%
% --
% Rob 'Feztaa' Park
% http://members.shaw.ca/feztaa/
% --
% Beauty may be skin deep, but ugly goes clear to the bone.
%               -- Redd Foxx

Thanks & HAND

:-D
(work) [EMAIL PROTECTED]