Hi,

On 17 May 2002, Cameron Simpson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 18:50 16 May 2002, Rocco Rutte <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> | Hmm, better than no subject... ;-)
>
> Not really. Especially since a language setting isn't URGENT!!!!

Especially since usually it's not urgent for someone who *reads* the
message, and who usually does not like to be hurried at all.

> It's certainly frustrating and inconvenient, but if it were urgent he'd
> be asking someone and/or reading documentation.

I just grepped the documentation for some mentioning of LC_*, LANG,
or interpretation of environment variables in general, without any
success. Perhaps some note should be added (or listed explicitely
in the contents if it is indeed hidden somewhere in there and I just
missed it).

So long,

Jochen.

--