Louis-David --

...and then Louis-David Mitterrand said...
%
% On Mon, May 13, 2002 at 09:09:11AM -0500, David T-G wrote:
% > %
% > % courier-imap. The mailboxes variable in the .muttrc dosen't seem to work
% > % either for subscribed imap folders.

I'm still interested in this...  How are you running the mailboxes
command?

% >
% > Assuming you have $folder set to imap://whatever... and perhaps have a
% > list of mailboxes (though I don't know that that's *required*), then
% > perhaps
% >
% >   mutt -y
%
% That would be a solution but I'd have to constantly maintain the list of
% mailboxes in my .muttrc, as I access the account from several mail

True.

% clients (twig, mutt, Outlook Express, Mozilla Mail, etc.) and regularly
% modify the (un)susbscribed status of certain imap folders from any
% client.

Well, that can be tricky, then.

%
% What I am looking for is a way for mutt to thow me directly into the
% imap browser with the *server-defined* list of subscribed folders
% displayed.

How do you get that list?  Perhaps you can whip up a dynamic call that
sets mailboxes from it and then gets the list...

I think I may need some education on the whole concept of IMAP mailboxes
and "subscription".  It seems to me that a mailbox is a mailbox and it's
either there or not, but I hear this "sub" concept more and more these
days.

%
% That would work, still, I can't get INBOX displayed along (in the same
% hierarchy as) other subscribed folders. Probably a courier thing?
% Mozilla Mail (RC2) has that problem as well, Outlook works fine.

Dunno there; we ought to see if the IMAP coders can chime in, since I
know that there have been questions related to server variations.

%
% Thanks,

HTH & HAND

:-D