On 11:13 21 May 2002, David T-G <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
| % how do i prevent mutt from waiting indefinitely trying to recover the public
|  keyfor a signed mail. it waits with a message "Invoking PGP". I want the durati
| on it waits to be small.

Please press [enter] every 70 chars or so. Thanks.

| I don't think that can be done; gpg doesn't have a timeout feature
| (AFAICT, anyway).  I simply hit ctrl-c when it takes too long to attempt
| to download a key, as it did when reading your message.

Wrap it in a script like this one:

        http://www.zip.com.au/~cs/scripts/timeout

You still have to tweak mutt to call the wrapper, which should say something like:

        #!/bin/sh
        # timedout gpg caller
        exec timeout 10 gpg ${1+"$@"}

to do a 10 second timeout.

| % also, I have enabled autoview for images using xv. but mutt opens
| the attachments before opening the mail. is there anyway I can make mutt
| open the mail and then open the attachments?

I don't use xv in autoview; instead I have a binding for the attachments view
to launch xv with a single keystroke ("n"). My autoview setting is this:

        image/jpg; imsize %s | sed 's/ /x/'; copiousoutput

and likewise for the other image types (hmm, btw does image/* work?).
This basicly reports the image dimensions in the autoview.

The attachment key binding is this:

        macro attach n <search>\\.(jpe?g|png)<enter><view-attach>

which skips to the first JPEG and runs the viewer (xv for you from your mailcap).

Cheers,
--
Cameron Simpson, DoD#743        [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://www.zip.com.au/~cs/

That said, I'm inclined to agree that that's not necessarily a good
idea.  I always wanted to write a little program that would pop up a
Mac window to ask ``I'm going to amputate a limb at random from you
now.'' to see how many people would instinctively click "OK".
        - Marc VanHeyningen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>