On Thu, May 23, 2002 at 10:45:46AM -0500, David T-G wrote:
> ...and then Ricardo SIGNES said...
> % Ideally, I'd like to have a folder that acts like drafts, but doesn't store
> % "To" information and doesn't delete messages once they're sent.
>
> Have you looked at resend-message (bound to esc-e by default)?  It uses a
> message as a template, and you could probably store the template without a
> To: list and then fill it in (probably also even using aliases).  I don't
> think it deletes the message once it's resent.  Play with it and see.

I hadn't ( looked at | thought of ) that yet.  I'll give it a try, it might
be just what I want.

> % Maybe the best thing is to make a keybinding that changes the value of
> % $postponed and some other variables temporarily.
> Perhaps a universal binding that quickly changes you to =Drafts and then
> a binding in there that maps <enter> to <resend-message> so that you
> don't have to hit esc-e...

Well, I won't want to store these in =drafts, as I'll constantly get bugged
about "recall postponed?" -- which is nice when it was postponed, but annoying
if I just have form letters.

Changing to =forms, though, and doing that... I think I'll do this:
        make a one-keystroke binding to switch to =forms
        put a folder-hook on forms to remap enter
        make a default folder-hook to map enter normally

I'll let y'all know how it goes.

--
rjbs