And, as it always turns out, as soon as I sent that, I figured it out.
Apparently mutt is still reading in values from /etc/Muttrc, and
something in there is causing this to happen.  The fast_reply option is
turned off in both my config and the /etc/Muttrc.  If anyone is bored
and feels like looking at the /etc/Muttrc, I can send it.  This brings
up the real question to solve my problem - is there any way to make mutt
ignore the /etc/Muttrc completely ?  I tried 'mutt -F ~/.muttrc', which
should be the default behavior with no options, but I get the same
results.  Thanks!

Kyle

* Kyle Knack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [020601 22:29]:

--
Kyle Knack
([EMAIL PROTECTED])