At  9:26 PM EDT on June 10 Brenda J. Butler sent off:
> I'm trying to use GPG via mutt, and I find there is an annoying two-second
> wait every time I hit a signed message in the index while GPG verifies if the
> signature is ok.  I'd like to turn off automatic verification, but I can't
> find the command to verify the signature "on demand".  Is there one?
>
> I'm not keen on setting pgp_verify_sig to ask-yes or ask-no, that's not much
> more efficient than just waiting 2 seconds for the check to be done.
>
> There is a command to verify the old-style PGP signature, I want a
> user-initiated command to verify if the GPG signature is ok.

Put something this in your .muttrc (or the keybinding file if you've split it
up):

# Check a signature.  Thanks to David Champion <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
macro index \Cv "<enter-command>set
pgp_verify_sig=yes<enter><display-message><enter-command>set pgp_verify_sig=no<enter>"
"Verify PGP signature"
macro pager \Cv "i<enter-command>set
pgp_verify_sig=yes<enter><display-message><enter-command>set pgp_verify_sig=no<enter>"
"Verify PGP signature"

Then control-v will do what you want once you source the bindings.

--
Can vegetarians eat animal crackers?  - Jack Handey (Yes - R.R.)
Robert I. Reid <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>     http://astro.utoronto.ca/~reid/