* Christoph Bugel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2002-06-12]:

> > And the difference between In-Reply-To and References is
> > also trivial for the case that you reply to multiple
> > messages at once: it can't be handled within References
>
> hmm, I never understood the concept of replying to multiple
> messages. Seems like counter intuitive, and over complicated to me.
> Also, the threading display will become very 'interesting' when
> messages have multiple parents.

I've used it when I want to quote the body text of several messages in a
reply, e.g. if things several people have said earlier are relevant now
in the discussion.  IIRC mutt must treat the first of the replied-to
messages as the 'parent' when it generates the In-Reply-To &/or
References header(s), since that was the one my message seemed to get
threaded under after I'd sent it.

--
Richard \\\ SuperH Core+Debug Architect /// .. At home ..
  P.    /// [EMAIL PROTECTED]  ///  [EMAIL PROTECTED]