I have a message that is in UTF-8, it is marked as such in the
header (charset=utf-8); I have $charset set to utf-8 in my
muttrc, and I'm using a UTF-8 terminal emulator.  But mutt
is doing something to the message such that it does not show
up properly in the internal pager; I get garbage characters followed
by characters that show up as \NNN.  If I set $pager to vim,
it shows up fine, but I don't want to use the functionality of
the mutt built-in pager.

Any suggestions?

--
Mark REED                    | CNN Internet Technology
1 CNN Center Rm SW0831G      | [EMAIL PROTECTED]