On Fri, Jun 14, 2002 at 10:58:34AM -0400, Thomas Dickey wrote:
> you really need the post-5.2 patches, since ncursesw was only tentative at
> that point.  The rollup patch should be sufficient -
>
> ftp://invisible-island.net/ncurses/5.2
Well, I installed this patch, and rebuilt mutt, to no avail.
Mutt built with -lncursesw, but still displays Unicode characters
outside of the Latin-1 range with octal escapes, even though those
characters display fine if I just cat the mbox file in the same terminal.
I've tried setting LC_CTYPE to "en_US" and "en_US.utf-8"; I've also tried
leaving it and all other locale environment variables unset.  No luck.

I noticed that even though mutt built with -lncursesw, it used an include
path of -I/usr/include/ncurses; I manually changed that to
-I/usr/include/ncursesw in all the Makefiles and rebuilt, but that didn't
seem to make any difference.

Any other suggestions?

--
Mark REED                    | CNN Internet Technology
1 CNN Center Rm SW0831G      | [EMAIL PROTECTED]