On Wed, Jul 10, 2002 at 05:36:43PM -0700, Gary Johnson wrote:
:
: On Wed, Jul 10, 2002 at 05:06:12PM -0700, Eugene Lee wrote:
: >
: > I receive several HTML messages that arrive as an attachment with no
: > plain text equivalent in the main message body or another attachment.
: > When I reply to these messages, how do I configure Mutt to convert the
: > HTML attachment into plain text, quote it, and finally edit it?  Or is
: > this a mailcap issue?  Thanks in advance.
:
: It's at least partly a mailcap issue.  If you already have mutt and
: mailcap configured to display HTML attachments as plain text in the
: pager, replying should "just work" as you described.  Otherwise, you
: will need an entry like this in your mailcap:
:
:     text/html; w3m -dump %s; nametemplate=%s.html; copiousoutput

Thanks to you and John Iverson and Will Yardley for the responses.
It turned out to be my mailcap entry.  I had this:

        text/html; links %s; nametemplate=%s.html

when I really needed this:

        text/html; links -dump %s; nametemplate=%s.html; copiousoutput

Now if I can only figure out how to keep both entries and get Mutt to
let me select between the two methods...

--
Eugene Lee
[EMAIL PROTECTED]