Problem :
    Sometimes a message received via a mailing list, but doesn't
    mention the list in any of the recipient headers.  (eg a member
    bounced an off-list reply back to the list)  Mutt's list-reply
    function doesn't recognize any lists in that case.

Solution (my idea) :
    For MLMs that include a List-Post: header, I think it would be
    useful if mutt would (or could) use that to derive the address of
    the list.

I can think of several ways of handling this --
    1)  use List-Post: by default.  Doesn't require setting 'lists'.
    2)  use List-Post: if no 'lists'/'subscribe' addresses are found
            using current methods
    3)  use List-Post: in addition to current method
    4)  a configuration option to choose from the above.

Do people think this is a good idea?  Can it be added to the wishlist?
Is it worthwhile if I managed to find time to make a patch, or would I
be on my own to maintain it for each new release?

-D

--
What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, yet forfeit his
soul?  Or what can a man give in exchange for his soul?

http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/