On Wed, Jul 17, 2002 at 02:39:20PM +0200, Rocco Rutte wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I remember to have a read about about a patch making the
> indicator bar always exactly the same color as specified.
> The problem is that if the color of the message in the index
> is ``bright...'', the foreground color of the bar gets bold,
> too. But I want it to be ``black'' instead of ``brightblack''
> on some messages. Hints?

You can't (in general).  bold/bright/whatever attribute applies to both
foreground and background colors (it's actually terminal-dependent).
If you have a terminal that implements 16-colors you may be able to
do that - with ncurses or slang.  Regular curses implements 8 colors.

--
Thomas E. Dickey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://invisible-island.net