On 2002-07-17 21:15, Philip White <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> 1) I have Mutt color my new mails yellow, which it dutifully does when a
> new e-mail arrives.  However, if I elect not to read it at that moment,
> close the client, then reopen it, the e-mail is no longer yellow even
> though it's unread, and the mailserver knows it (its web interface shows
> it as being unread).  Perhaps I have it coloring the wrong e-mail
> status?  Perhaps there's a different setting for coloring
> not-immediately-new-but-unread e-mails?

    color yellow default index ~U

The ~U pattern matches all unread (including new) mail.

> 2) The IMAP server contains "Trash" and "Sent Items" folders for my use.
> ~ How can I configure Mutt to automatically place copies of outgoing mail
> into "Sent Items" and place deleted mails into "Trash"?

Sent items is easy:

    set record /sent/mail/folder

Of course, replace "/sent/mail/folder" with whatever the real path to
your "Sent Items" folder is.

I don't have a good answer for the trash folder.  You could set up
some macros that save the file in your trash folder when you press 'd'
instead of deleting them outright (saving to another folder deletes
the message from the current folder).  Then setup a folder hook so
that pressing 'd' while in the trash folder really deletes.  The only
real problem with this is that other deleting in ways other than just
pressing 'd' won't utilize the trash folder.

--
Luke