I've been noticing I get some messages where the subject begins with
=?US-ASCII?Q?<the subject>?=. I looked this up on google (took some time
because a ton of things come up when you just look for the string) and
finally found RFC 1342, which said that this was non-ascii text, and that
the character set is what appears after the =? (us-ascii in this case,
instead of ascii).

After reading this, I decided to see what other IMAP clients saw when they
displayed these messages, and they do not show the us-ascii thing, which
means that they understand rfc 1342.  Is there a way to get mutt to do so,
also?  Or does mutt use some external program I need in order to do this?

Thanks!

Jen