* On 2002.07.28, in <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
*       "Lee J. Moore" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Aaah, I thought with Mutt it was strictly backticks and the pipe
> only came into it with dgc's patch.  I should've at least tried
> it out before writing.  Thanks! ;)

To clarify this: variables which refer to filenames [1] have supported
this pipe notation for a while -- i.e., those that are passed as
arguments to mutt_open_read().

My patch adds this syntax to variables which may contain
formatting tokens -- i.e, those that are passed as arguments to
mutt_FormatString().

It could perhaps support more contexts, if people have ideas... though I
don't think that it can easily be made universal. (It could technically
be done, of course, but the patch would be huge and very nearly
unmaintainable.)

--
 -D.                    Fresh fruit enriches everyone.  Takes the thirst
 Sun Project, APC/UCCO  out of everyday time.  A pure whiff of oxygen,