I have just joined the mailing list having installed Mutt with Fetchmail and Procmail
and I'm getting about 95% of the functionality I want having played with the
configuration for a few days.

I'm not sure if this problem I have is more MTA stuff but hopefully somebody can point
me in the right direction.

My home Linux network is on a non-Internet valid domain "penguins.home" and the
hostname of the machine with Mutt is "gentoo". Although I (obviously) populate the
"From:" address with my proper email address "[EMAIL PROTECTED]", my
emails get rejected from the offices of a couple of friends of mine because the
hostname "gentoo.penguins.home" is seen by their mail server, it's not a valid domain
so it gets bounced.

Presumably this is a particular mail header field that's wrong? Or is it something I
need to do with sendmail? Or do I simply need to use host and domain names that are
valid? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Peter.
--
Peter Andrijeczko                  email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
|    The box said "Windows 2000 or better" - so I installed Linux.     |