* Sean LeBlanc <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2002-08-17 20:20]:
> It turns out I left off the "copiousoutput" bit.  thinking
> that was something links needed, and since I was using lynx,
> not links, on my Cygwin setup, I foolishly left that out of
> my .mailcap text/html entry.  It wasn't until I was reading
> some man page(forget which it was now) that I realized I
> *needed* that to be on there. :)

could have been the manual to muttrc (see below).
it says this field is "optional".  go figure.
but mind you it also says this:

  Without this flag, Mutt assumes
  that the command is interactive.

and we don't want interaction here, now, do we? ;-)

Sven

=== man muttrc

5.3.3.  Advanced mailcap Usage

5.3.3.1.  Optional Fields

In addition to the required content-type and view command fields, you
can add semi-colon ';' separated fields to set flags and other
options.  Mutt recognizes the following optional fields:

   copiousoutput
      This flag tells Mutt that the command passes possibly large
      amounts of text on stdout.  This causes Mutt to invoke a pager
      (either the internal pager or the external pager defined by the
      pager variable) on the output of the view command.  Without this
      flag, Mutt assumes that the command is interactive.  One could
      use this to replace the pipe to more in the lynx -dump example
      in the Basic section:

        text/html; lynx -dump %s ; copiousoutput

   This will cause lynx to format the text/html output as text/plain
   and Mutt will use your standard pager to display the results.