On Mon, Aug 19, 2002, Michael Elkins wrote:
> The only known issue (afaik) about Mutt *not* reporting new mail is
> when the user has "unset mark_old" in their configuration.  In this
> case a message that would ordinarily be marked as old is still new,
> but won't be detected with the file modification/access time
> heuristic.

I don't have a setting for mark_old at all.  I see sometimes something
flash about new mail, but the status bar never says anything, or
moving the indicator bar or something makes it disappear.  Could the
server (Panix) be running something that is messing up mutt with
respect to reporting new mail?

Thanks.

-Ken