* Ryan Sorensen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2002-09-03 07:42]:
> Given a message in a folder like so:
> 1 +   Jan 1   Mr Foo  (  1)   Subject
>
> I want to reply to this message, and when the reply is succesfully sent,
> just save the  original message, the one from Mr Foo.

so you just want to save yourself using the command save-message?
that simple typing of 's' and a 'return'?  that's it??

now, you could make it a macro.  but then you some way
to confirm that the message was sent "successfully".
well, there are quite a number of situations where
"sending" might fail.  but you cannot request that
and you cannot make decisions about this in mutt
as there is no internal language.

so just live with it.  it's a user agent.
use the commands available.  after all,
typing a reply takes more keystrokes
than the two keystrokes 's' + 'ret'.

Sven  [who should simply have replied with "no"]

--
Note to experienced users: Please don't encourage anti-support behavior.
Don't try to answer questions from users who don't provide the necessary