On Fri, 6 Sep 2002, Elimar Riesebieter wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I compiled unpatched sources from mutt.org against slang. This was
> to have a full background colored headerline! But now I can not view
> the pager with ACS trees.  I have to switch to "set ascii_chars" in
> muttrc.

my impression (haven't seen any comments that this is fixed yet) is that
the slang UTF-8 package doesn't work for line-drawing characters.  There
were some patches to hardcode the corresponding UTF-8 strings which may
make it usable.

otoh, ncursesw does support Unicode/UTF-8 line-drawing...

perhaps it would be simpler to just patch mutt to add the extra places to
fill in the background.

--
T.E.Dickey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://invisible-island.net