* Erik Simon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2002-09-09 06:36]:
> I started playing with colors in Vim when editing mutt messages.
> However, I get an ugly block cursor (orange or yellow depending on the
> terminal) on each empty line.

I was getting something the same thing for a long time.  $editor was set
to "vim -c '/^$', so it would start on the first blank line, and I had
hlsearch set.  You didn't specify the contents of $editor (the mutt-side
variable, not the env var), and I didn't see hlsearch mentioned in your
vimrc, but setting hlsearch right now gives me identical symptoms to
what you're describing.

So, try :set nohlsearch, and see if that works.

(darren)

--
You are what you see.