* Jeremy Lin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2002-09-17 10:38]:
> Is there a clean way to get less-like behavior for
> searching in the internal pager? In particular, I'd like
> search-next (or search) to prompt for a new search
> pattern, but keep the current as default, and move to
> the next match if one is already at the top of the screen.

so make command 'n' to first move one line down before searching again:
   macro  pager  n  "<next-line><search>\n"

> Similarly for search-opposite. Ideally, this
> behavior would be a configuration variable.

ideally the internal would be "less"
plus the coloring of "most", right?  ;-)

> So how do people right now search for
> multiple occurences of a pattern anyway?

"one by one", i suppose.

> By having separate bindings for search,
> search-next, and search-opposite?

probably.

> P.S. Please cc me, as I'm not on the list.

please let your mutt tell us this by adding
"lists [EMAIL PROTECTED]" to your setup!
(and read my sig)

Sven

--
Sven Guckes               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
use     "lists address"   when you are *not* subscribed