* D. J. Bolderman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2002-09-26 03:44]:
> >   send-hook   .       "my_hdr From: me <a@b>"
> >   folder-hook +empty  "my_hdr From: me <c@d>"
> >   folder-hook +empty  "my_hdr Subject: test"
>
> > now, when changing to +empty, the folder-hooks do get
> > triggered (i can tell be the X-Test: showing up) - but
> > there is still "From: me <a@b>", so the send-hook
> > overrules the From: header as set by the folder-hook.
>
> You are right, I also tested it with the subject,
> and then the folder-hook works. Now, is there
> any way to work around this problem?

how about using hooks on different folder sets
and using unmy_hdr to throw away already set ones?

  folder-hook  ! +empty  "unmy_hdr *; my_hdr From: me <a@b>"
  folder-hook    +empty  "unmy_hdr *; my_hdr From: me <c@d>"

this should work.  no time for testing now.

> I would really like to have this
> feature. I'm downloading my hotmail account with gotmail,
> and when I'm in my hotmail IMAP folder, I want to sent
> mails with the from: address of my hotmail account.

i suppose the mail that reaches you at hotmail is
addressed to something like "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"?
in that case - wouldn't "set reverse_name" suffice?

Sven