* Chris Green <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2002-09-26 13:25]:
> I've looked at the documentation and I know it's possible
> but does anyone have any examples of tagging mail by date?
> I.e. how do I tag all messages more than
> (say) 365 days old in the current mailbox?

  ~d<1y    "date is less than one year"

rtfm:  "4.2.3.  Searching by Date"

for more examples see also:
http://www.math.fu-berlin.de/~guckes/mutt/setup.php3#moving_mails

> Or even better does anyone have any sample scripts
> using mutt as the 'source' for archiving mail?

procmail exists.  procmail is powerful.  no mutt required.

> .. i.e. what I want to do ultimately is extract all messages
> older than xxx days from my current mail and append them to
> mailboxes in an identical archive hierarchy (which will be
> on a different machine with no serious disk quota limits).

send a copy to that other machine then and never mind
the tedious task of selecting and storing on your
restricted account then.  saves a lot of time...

upgrade, please!  mutt 1.4 has been out for a while.

and if you are subscribed to this list
then please tell mutt about it with
"subscribe mutt-users" in your muttrc!
thanks.

Sven

--
Sven Guckes   [EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://www.guckes.net/mutt/    the MUTT PAGES:
Binaries| Bugs| DOWNLOAD| History| Intro| Installation| Links| MailList| NEWS|