* Kurt Lieber <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2002-09-30 09:22]:
> 1.  By default, when you delete a message in a mailbox index, mutt
> moves one message *down* by default.  Can I change this to move one
> message *up*?

You can setup a macro:

  macro pager d "<delete-message><previous-entry><previous-entry>"

Basically, delete - up - up.

> 2.  Once a message is deleted, but not actually purged, using the
> arrow keys to navigate messages will skip over deleted messages.  I
> can "jump" to a specific deleted message by number, but is there a way
> to not have the deleted messages ignored when navigating by arrow
> keys?

By default <down> is bound to next-undeleted; rebind it to next-entry:

  bind index <Down> next-entry

I personally use 'j' for next-undeleted and 'J' for next-entry, and 'k'
for previous-undeleted and 'K' for previous-entry.

(darren)

--
It is impossible to travel faster than the speed of light, and
certainly not desirable, as one's hat keeps blowing off.