On Wed, Sep 25, 2002 at 06:34:33PM -0700, John Iverson wrote:
> * On Wed, 25 Sep 2002, Thomas Dickey wrote:

> > > I think the consensus is that this is an ncurses issue.  I fixed
> > > it for myself by compiling with s-lang instead of ncurses.
> >
> > uh no - it's a mutt issue.
>
> I stand corrected.  However, I did experience the same problem of
> the coloring not extending to the end of the line, and the
> problem (or behavior or whatever) definitely went away when I
> switched to s-lang.

I spent a few hours looking at it tonight, and saw that (for the case I
examined), slang treats the use of colors incompatibly with curses.

X/Open curses (e.g., ncurses) essentially stores the information for blanks in
what is denoted the background character.  Slang doesn't distinguish text and
blanks.  Mutt makes some calls to set the background character (and sometimes
only sets the window attribute, which affects only nonblank text), but the
effect of these doesn't match the behavior between slang and curses.

--
Thomas E. Dickey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://invisible-island.net