Nancy McGough sez:
[...]
} Some ssh clients support this. For example SecureCRT, which you
} can get here
}
}  <http://vandyke.com/>
}
} has this feature. You just right click anywhere on a URL and
} choose "Open URL" and it will be opened in your local Windows
} browser. I discuss this and others in the SSH section of my main
} Pine page:
}
}  <http://www.ii.com/internet/messaging/pine/#ssh>
}
} I just switched to Mac OS X and this is pretty much the only
} thing that I miss about Windows. If anyone knows of a Mac OS X
} ssh client that supports this, please let me know!

Well, I use mutt in an xterm under XDarwin. This has the advantage that
simply selecting some text copies it into the clipboard. I use Keyboard
Maestro (great tool, shareware, worth every penny) to bind a key to a
simple AppleScript. I can't get to that script right now (it's on a
different machine, and I can't figure out how to read the compiled
AppleScript from the commandline), but it is equivalent to the following
shell script (note the *very important* quoting):

osascript -e 'open location "'"`pbpaste`"'"'

This means that launching an URL from mutt takes two steps: select,
then keypress. (If the URL is long and wraps, however, I have to pipe it
through cat or something first.)

} Nancy
--Greg