* Sven Guckes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2002-10-03 06:54]:
> * [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2002-10-02 21:27]:
> > My logon name, rdp, differs from my POP3/SMTP mail name,
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]  My problem is that if I try using mutt to send
> > email to rdp locally, my send folder shows the To: as [EMAIL PROTECTED] and
> > I never get the local mail.  How can I get around this.
>
> hints:
>
>   set alternates=rdp|[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>   set index_format="...%L..."

This takes care of mutt recognizing mail to either of these addresses as
being mine.  However, a little more testing shows that any unqualified
address I use for the To: that is not a valid alias has @kc.rr.com
appended to it. So, if in VIM I see:
        To: local-account

Then, as soon as I save the message and get back to mutt I see:
        To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I hope this clarifies the problem a little.  How do I suppress this?

> delivery of local email depends on the MTA setup.
> this is *not* a mutt problem then.

If I could get mutt to stop appending the @kc.rr.com and the mail still
does not come through, then this would be true.