On Thu, 03 Oct 2002 the mental interface of
Burton Samograd told:

> On Thu, Oct 03, 2002 at 11:27:34AM -0400, Mike Arrison wrote:
> >
> >     My question comes to receiving signed messages. When I get an email
> >     from someone who is not on my keyring Mutt says that the signature
> >     cannot be verified. I was hoping that it would automatically go out
> >     to the key server and retreive the key. Is that possible? Is it good
> >     practice? Doing a manual "gpg --rece-key KEYID" works, but I'd
> >     rather something more automatic.
> >
> >                            Thanks in advance,
> >                               Mike Arrison
> >
> > P.S. Does my signature on this email look right?
>
> Try this in your muttrc.  Works fine for me when the person has the key
> published at the keyserver i'm using.
>
> set pgp_getkeys_command="gpg --recv-keys %r 2> /dev/null"

Not needed! I checked my muttrc for something like gpg --recv and
all is commented out. My keyreceive works from my ~/.gnupg/options:

keyserver-options auto-key-retrieve include-disabled include-revoked

This works for gnupg 1.07 and 1.2. I remember in gnupg 1.06 it must
be recv-keys as a single option.

--
  On the keyboard of life you have always
  to keep a finger at the escape key;-)