=- Marc Vaillant wrote on Tue 30.Jan'07 at 12:59:46 -0500 -=

> > * On Tue, Jan 30, 2007 Marc Vaillant ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) muttered:
> > > I'm wondering how people handle messages coming from outlook
> > > users that quote the message they're replying to (or their
> > > replies) in color instead of the usual angle indenting (> )?
>
> The message is readable, but the clarity that the color provides
> is lost when I view it in mutt because the only differentiator
> is color. I could open up the html in a graphical browser but I
> still can't tell apriori that the message contains the color
> tags. E.g. the above '> ' quoting would just look like:
> {...}
> but in a graphical browser, your text would be in a different
> color than mine.

To answer your original Q:
I do _not_ handle such eMail. Period. :)

_You_ have several options:
1) educate your eMail partners to quote mutt-friendly (txt-only).
2) use autoview with a graphical browser => wiki FAQ.
3) use autoview with a script that converts such (*censored*)
eMail to some sane usable format by converting the html/css
coloring instructions to '> ' sequences.

I recommend 1).

You're responsible for ALL of it: you get what you give.