Dear List

I'm new to Mutt. As I am a fan of GNU-Emacs I use emacsclient for
composing mails. But I'm quite an Emacs newbe too.

On my GNU/Debian (Etch) machine I have to turn on Emacs'
auto-fill-mode manually when I compose a mail text for mutt. This
annoyes me of course. On my other computer, which runs Ubuntu 6.10,
the auto-fill-mode comes up automatically. This is strange since both
computers use exactly identical .emacs and .muttrc files. On Debian
I'm running Emacs 21.4.1. As I have no access to the Ubuntu maschine
at the moment I can't tell if its version is different (anyway, it's
the version of the main repository).

My .muttrc containes the line:

set editor="emacsclient %s"

on both machines. The relevant lines of the .emacs files are:

(server-start)
(add-hook 'mail-mode-hook 'turn-on-auto-fill)

I don't know why this hook works only on one machine. I think there
are many of you who use Mutt with Emacs. How have you automatized to
turn on the auto-fill-mode?

Thanks for replies

Sven