* David Champion on Monday, February 05, 2007 at 13:34:26 -0600:
> * On 2007.02.05, in <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
> *     "Christian Ebert" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> For instance if I sort threads and tab jump to the next unread
>> message, sometimes I'd like to go back to the last read, and have
>> to search for it first.
>
> http://home.uchicago.edu/~dgc/sw/mutt/patch-1.5.11.dgc.markmsg.2
> provides an operation <mark-msg> which constructs a macro to <search>
> by Message-ID, using the current message's Message-ID.  It's modelled
> on vi's feature to mark lines with "m" and return to them with "'".

Hm, nice. But not exactly what I'm after ;) If I new /beforehand/
that I want to go back, I'd probably just tag the message.

OTOH, it sometimes, errh, often happens (and I'm not even talking
about a setup with pager_stop=no) that in my confused state of
mind I just jump to the next message, and, suddenly remember
something of the last message that could be important. In my
newsreader this is simple: I just type "l" and am in the last
read message, and when I want to continue reading the new
message, I just type "l" again. That's it.

So I guess what I'm asking for/dreaming of is that Mutt sort of
keeps the last message(-id) marked automatically, ready to jump
back anytime.

Hope I made the case a bit clearer.

_B A U S T E L L E N_ lesen! --->> <http://www.blacktrash.org/baustellen.html>