Gruesse!
* Nick Hastings <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> schrieb am [06.02.07 11:19]:

> Hmm, from the manual it seems that that should be the answer, but
> strangely it looks like it's already turned off:
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] ~ 3%  mutt -D |grep message_cachedir
> message_cachedir=""
>
> Since both myself and the OP are using Debian packages, perhaps it's
> related to that. Any other Debian and IMAP users care to comment?

Here it works like it should. I use muttng and mutt on Debian Etch.
Reading a mail it is placed in /tmp. All readed mails from a Mailbox
(here IMAP dovecot) stays in /tmp until i changed to another Mailbox.
Then the old Temp-Mails are deleted.

:~$ LANG=C mutt -D|grep cache
header_cache="/var/local/gerhard/mutt/cache/"
maildir_header_cache_verify is unset
header_cache_pagesize="16384"
message_cachedir=""

> Thanks?