~Kyle,

On Tue, Feb 20, 2007 at 10:43:21AM -0700, Kyle Wheeler wrote:

> Are you logged into your IMAP server?

Yes.  The test IMAP servers I've been tinkering around with are running
on localhost.  Mutt prompts for a username/password when I first start
it and I am logging in successfully.  I can browse the various folders
I've set up, but Mutt just won't show if any folders contain new mail.

> Is $check_new set? (shouldn't matter, but...)

It wasn't set, so it should have defaulted to yes.  I set it explicitly.
It didn't make a difference.

> Is $imap_passive set? (try setting it to the opposite of its current
> value)

It wasn't set, so should have defaulted to yes.  I tried setting it to
both no and yes.  It didn't make a difference.

5

> What is $timeout set to?

It wasn't set, so should have defaulted to 600.  I tried setting it to a
few different values(600, 300, etc.).  It didn't make a difference.

> No guarantees, but those are some stupid things worth checking.

Well, I'm still about where I started.  But, better to have tried and
failed that not to have tried at all.

Kevin
http://www.RawFedDogs.net
http://www.WacoAgilityGroup.org