Is it possible to use a sendmail command which prompts for a password?
I am trying to use mutt-1.4.4.2 with msmtp.

I have msmtp configured to prompt for a password.  This works when I
run msmtp from the command line.

When I set up Mutt to use msmtp (set sendmail=/usr/local/bin/msmtp),
msmtp is invoked in the background, and I never see the password
prompt.  The delivery fails with:

password for ssorensen at gmail.com at smtp.gmail.com:
msmtp: authentication failed (method PLAIN)
msmtp: server message: 535 5.7.1 Credentials Rejected 18sm37276607nzo
msmtp: could not send mail (account default from /home/user/.msmtprc)
Output of the delivery process
Error sending message, child exited 77 (Insufficient permission.).

Is it possible to use a sendmail command which requires input from the user?

--
Svend