On 2007-03-20, Kyle Wheeler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Tuesday, March 20 at 03:33 PM, quoth Thomas Roessler:
> > On 2007-03-20 14:32:05 +0000, Rocco Rutte wrote:
> >> Does getopt() prevent us from allowing any number of additional
> >> arguments for -j? If you ask me, globbing is a shell's
> >> reposibility.
> >
> > agree
>
> Well, currently, everything listed after a "--" is considered a
> recipient. You could maybe have a flag to change that so that
> everything listed after a -- is considered an attachment.

Or, anything after -a and before any other token beginning with - is
considered an attachment.  Examples:

1.  mutt -s S -a A B C -- D

    A, B and C are attachments; D is a recipient.

2.  mutt -s S -a A B -- C D

    A and B are attachments; C and D are recipients.

3.  mutt -a A B C -s S D

    A, B and C are attachments; D is a recipient.

4.  mutt -s S -a A B C

    A is an attachment; B and C are recipients.  (Same as current
    behavior.)

I don't like that the parser cannot know the type of the tokens
following "-a A" until another "-" token or the end of the line is
reached, but I thought I'd throw out the idea anyway.

Gary

--
Gary Johnson                               | Agilent Technologies
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                   | Mobile Broadband Division