On date Monday 2007-04-16 01:09:40 -0600, Kyle Wheeler muttered:
> On Sunday, April 15 at 01:45 AM, quoth Stefano Sabatini:
> [...]
> > I'm testing mutt and gnupg, I can verify with no problem messages
> > signatures, but it fails when I do it manually, saving in distinct
> > files the message and the signature.
> >
> > For example if I save the (clear) message in "message", and the
> > signature in "signature.asc", then the command:
> >
> > gpg --verify signature.asc message
>
> The message *body* or the message itself? Generally the message
> includes all sorts of things (headers and such) that are not part of
> what gets signed.

Sorry if I've not been very clear.

I'm considering multipart/signed attatchments. In order to save the
different parts of the attachment, I'm using the mutt attachment menu,
I save the text/plain and the application/pgp-signature in different
files (respectively message and signature.asc), so the "message" file
only contains the body of the mail (which is supposedly the part which
is signed).

Cheers
--
Stefano Sabatini