Hello!

I have a friend who is sending me emails with inlined PGP (I suppose)
with

Well, after decrypting I have no Umlauts anymore in the decrypted text,
there are only whitespaces instead (no cryptic chars or "?").

I have

LANG=en_US.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE=de_DE.UTF-8

In my environment.

I tired to reproduce this via play gpg -d in xterm and the Umlauts are
missing in the output. When I use --output vim displays Umlauts in the
file, less displays "<E4>" instead of an รค and mcedit the well known
whitespaces.

What I wonder is tht following: IIRC this worked okay in a recent
version of either mutt or gpg (or in my old non UTF8 environment?).
Further gnus for example does it correct, displays Umlauts in Mail and
in the reply buffer.

How do I fix this here? This happens on a debian testing (etch)  at work
and on a recernt gentoo at home...

Regards, Konsti

--
GPG KeyID EF62FCEF
Fingerprint: 13C9 B16B 9844 EC15 CC2E  A080 1E69 3FDA EF62 FCEF