* Ryan Curtin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Hi,
>
> I find myself in a tough situation.  The mailserver at my work is
> running Microsoft Exchange.  "For security reasons", the sysadmin says,
> IMAP and POP are disabled.  From what I understand, Exchange uses some
> different proprietary protocol (I want to say NTLM, but I couldn't dig
> up enough information to be sure if that's right) to transfer mail.  My
> problem, then, is that I want to configure mutt to be able to read mail
> through this server but I don't know how to do that.  Is there a way?

The native Exchange way would be MAPI, but this isn't available within mutt.
The only mail protocols you could use are POP or IMAP.

NTLM is an authentication mechanism (and more...). Read into
<http://davenport.sourceforge.net/ntlm.html> if you want to dig deeper on
that.

You might want to use NTLM as SASL mechanism when you use mutt to authenticate
your user identity to an Exchange Server. Before that you would have to
persuade the Exchange admin to have you use IMAP.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

--
Postfix - Einrichtung, Betrieb und Wartung
<http://www.postfix-buch.com>