Greetings,

* Kai Grossjohann [2007-07-10 14:51]:
I have added all my (important) mail folders to the mailboxes list, and
I am now very fond of y to browse them.  Some small features are
missing, though, so I thought I'd ask here for ideas:

 - How to navigate to the next/previous mailbox with new mail?

 - How to restrict the list of mailboxes to the ones with new mail?

 - How to show the total number of messages / the number of unread
   messages in each mailbox?

Not an exact answer to your question, but a possible solution - try the
sidebar patch:

     http://lunar-linux.org/~tchan/mutt/patch-1.5.16.sidebar.20070704.txt

The patch adds a sidebar with list of folders on the left side of the
mutt window. The sidebar shows folders with the total and new number of
messages in them and folders with new messages can be highlighted.

 - How to elide information from each line, such as the permissions and
   ownerships of the directories?

Tweak folder_format. Remove %F, %u and %g to get rid of the mode and
ownership information.

Again, by using the sidebar patch you're only getting folder name and
message count.

Hope this helps.

- Kirill

--