I've recently started using mutt's builtin smtp.  I run a sendmail
daemon locally, but I don't always want to submit to local SMTP.  I use
this config:

send2-hook .                     'set smtp_url=smtp://localhost/'
send2-hook '~f [EMAIL PROTECTED]'  'set smtp_url=smtp://example1.org/'
send2-hook '~f [EMAIL PROTECTED]'  'set smtp_url=smtp://example2.org/'

... which might be a useful alternative to exim or msmtp.  (Replace
'localhost' with any smtp server you have posting access to.)

--
 -D.    [EMAIL PROTECTED]    NSIT    University of Chicago