On 07.09.2007 (16:45), Kai Grossjohann wrote:

> But this depends on whether ~/.Xdefaults is read in your environment...

It is.

> To specify $TERM for screen, you can specify -t or -T on the command
> line (forget which), or "term foo" or so in ~/.screenrc.
>
> I lost track of what you already tried.  For the interim, you can
> explicitly set $TERM with "TERM=foo; export TERM" from the shell.  Have
> you tried that in various situations and do you now know what the
> terminal needs to be?

For a screen-less xterm, TERM=xterm-256color is the right thing:
everything works as I expect it to do. The problem is when screen
enters the picture. I've tried both TERM=xterm-256color and
TERM=screen-256color (with additional -bce, -s, or -bce-s), but with
no luck - they all behave the same: as in the "problem" description in
my previous mail.

Eyolf

--
Microsoft Zen - Become one with the blue screen.

   -- From a Slashdot.org post