On Thu, Sep 20, 2007 09:50:20 AM -0500, Kyle Wheeler
([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

> On Wednesday, September 19 at 10:47 PM, quoth M. Fioretti:
> >For several reasons not really relevant here, I have the messages
> >of several mailing lists delivered to one common inbox folder. When
> >I have read them, I want to tell mutt, with one keystroke, to look
> >at all the messages I have tagged and save each of them to the
> >folder corresponding to its mailing list.
> Use a macro that will tag each category in turn, and save them to
> the appropriate location:
>
> macro index ,s '<tag-pattern>~h ?List-id Centos<enter>\
>                  <tag-prefix><save-message>+centos<enter>\
>                  <tag-pattern>~h ?List-id OpenOffice<enter>\
>                  <tag-prefix><save-message>+openoffice<enter>\
>                  <tag-pattern>~h ?List-id someotherlist<enter>\
>                  <tag-prefix><save-message>+someotherlist'

Thanks for the pointer, but I must be still missing something. First
of all, the syntax above doesn't work here when I test the tag-pattern
commands from within mutt (1.5.9i): I have to type (after T) :

        ~h "List-Id: CentOS"

that is, no question mark, add quotes.

When I put everything together in a macro, with or without the comma
after "macro index":

macro index ,S '<tag-pattern>~h "List-Id: CentOS mailing
list"<enter><tag-prefix><save-message>+2007.09.centos<enter><tag-pattern>~h
"Mailing-List: contact [EMAIL
PROTECTED]"<enter><tag-prefix><save-message>+2007.09.oo_users'

something happens, but is not what I want. First I get a compose
window, with (I believe) the first of the tagged messages, then a
prompt to save another of the tagged messages to the folder I set in
the macro. If I unset confirmappend I do find all the right messages
tagged when I get back to the index, but not moved to the destination
folders, except three.

I found in the centos folder, that is the first mentioned in the
macro, three messages, one from centos, one from openoffice users, one
from fedora: I assume they where the first found by each of the three
parts of the macro. What is still missing?

TIA,
        Marco

--
Help *everybody* love Free Standards and Free Software!
http://digifreedom.net