* Christian Kuka <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2007-10-05 07:56]:
> I also read from a scanner called "crm114" in the linux magazine that
> should be realy good, but never checked that.

I use OSBF-Lua[1] which is a port of CRM114.  It's a Bayesian classifier
which uses a more sophisticated algorithm than Bogofilter and others,
and which indeed performs even better than Bogofilter for me, regarding
both classification accuracy and speed.  It gives me a global accuracy
of about 99.9% (about 1 out of 1000 e-mails are misclassified).  Also,
it learns a lot quicker than Bogofilter, usually there's no need to do
any pre-training[2].  And it has far less configuration knobs to play
with, which is also good :-)  It just works out-of-the-box.

I put the Mutt (1.5.x) macros I use for training online:

ftp://ftp.in-berlin.de/pub/users/weiss/spamfilter/README.osbf4mutt
ftp://ftp.in-berlin.de/pub/users/weiss/spamfilter/osbf4mutt-0.2.tar.gz

Holger

[1] http://osbf-lua.luaforge.net/
[2] http://page.mi.fu-berlin.de/~siefkes/software/trainfilter/#section_1_4