On 19 Nov 2007 17:25 -0600, by [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Kyle Wheeler):
> If you need to set $record for this script, one easy way of doing it
> is to specify that on the commandline, with the -e flag.

Thank you! Yes, what you are saying makes perfect sense. I guess I am
so used to how I have Mutt set up for interactive use that I didn't
consider the fact that many of those things are not relevant in a
non-interactive situation.

As for 'using mktemp properly', this isn't going to run in a high risk
environment - I have written scripts (and code) for more exposed use
too and that obviously necessities more care. In this case, mktemp is
just a convenient way to get a temporary file created at a known
location and with known reasonable permissions. But the point is quite
valid.

--
Michael Kjörling .. [EMAIL PROTECTED] .. http://michael.kjorling.se
* ..... No bird soars too high if he soars with his own wings ..... *